5 simple tips to make money from your blog
What is blog?
- A website usually done by individual, to share/write/edit a shared online journal.
- frequently updated by user
The content can be:
- descriptions of events, or
- other material such as graphics or video
- personal updates on daily life
Blog can be divided in a few categories:
With all that, one can actually monetize one’s blog and earn extra side-income. I have picked the top 5 ways, of course, there are more to it.
1) Affiliate programs
-Internet-based marketing practice in which a business rewards affiliates for each visitor or customer that is referred to a website.
-There are different types of affiliate programs: pay per sale (either by percentage or a fixed amount), pay per visitor and so on.
>> Example: Clickbanks, CJ.com
2) Text ads
-Advertisement using text-based hyperlinks
-It’s a reader-friendly type of ads where the load time is instantaneous. It won’t be affected by pop-up blocker.
-Advertisers tend to pay either by CPM or CPC. Advertisers bid on how much they are willing to pay per click or per view, so you don’t need to set any pricing.
>> Example: Google AdSense
3) Paid content
- ebook: you can write ebook for those who are willing to pay for the information
- tutorials: if you are an expert in certain field, compile the tutorials and people will buy from you.
- videos: make informative videos which readers feel it’s worth paying you.
- pay per post: you get paid for blogging about some products. It is meant for one-time deal.
4) Direct Ads
- Visitors can purchase advertising space on blogs. Direct ads are typically shown in the form of banner ads. Pricing and payment methods vary from blogger to blogger. They are counted either by per day or per month.
5) Ask for donation
- You often see people write on their blog “If you find this post is useful, buy me a coffee”.
- This is how they ask for donation.
- Usually using Paypal donation button.
How To Make Money With A Blog | Blogging For Money | How To Make Money Blogging